Saturday, March 27, 2010

District Pinewood Derby

Today was Levi's district pinewood derby. In February was his first derby he had ever been a part of. It was a day full of all the scouts racing each other in the dens/packs of Grove. If you read that post, you will see that it didn't go very well for Levi so you can imagine our wonderful surprise when he won second place this time playing against neighboring towns. We learned from our experience last time and he and Daddy made a derby car who's tires didn't fall off! Here is a picture of him winning his first round! Here he is showing off his trophy and yes that is blood in his eye...I guess you could say. Last week, he and his cousins were playing around and he got hurt. It looks much worse than what it actually is. Just a few days ago he had a black eye to go with it. A funny story his teacher told me: He came to school and a lot of people noticed his black eye but didn't say much after that. At the end of the day, I guess is when the "blood" starting showing on the whites of his eye. I guess the class was working quietly at their desks when a kid next to him yells out, "Levi! Your eye is bleeding!" It caused quite a stir, I guess.
Anyways, we had a real good time today. I worked the concession stand so I didn't get to see most of the action of the day but I watched as my Grandparents and Parents helped David take care of the kids while enjoying the races. Once again, I sure am grateful for family around. I unfortunately know of friends who have parents and grandparents who live really close to them and they never see them. I can say happily that there is at least one family member (outside of our little family) at every function.

No comments: