Monday, October 12, 2009

Corn Maze

Today, Hyrum and I started off spending some time with Levi in the computer lab of his school. Levi loves seeing us at school but I think today he could have used to do without. We came up to be with him as he was getting his flu shot. Some kids cry at just about anything but Levi only cries for 2 reasons. He is a very sensitive boy so he will cry if he thinks some one is upset with him. The only other time he cries is if he is really hurt. It makes me so sad to see his big eyes tear up. But tear up is all he did! I was so impressed that the schools here in Grove are giving out free flu shots to all the kids. And then tomorrow there will be free flu shots to the public at the civic center. I am so grateful that we are not going to have to pay for any flu shots this year!
After we left the lower elementary, we went straight over to the ECC (early childhood center) to get to Brigham's class before they left for the first field trip of the year! We followed the buses to the "right choices corn maze" in Missouri. Ok, I put that in for the effect of it sounding like we went sooooooooo far! Missouri is one of the many state lines that we live not to far from! I took this picture because I thought it captured the feel of the Bible Belt. It seems that most things are centered around the cross here. Even a corn maze! But I love it. You can get away with stuff like this in the Bible Belt and in a small town. In fact, as we were waiting for Levi's shot I noticed that in the computer lab of the school there was the quote, "In God We Trust" in a frame on the wall. Only in a small town in the Bible Belt, at a school, can this be found without fear! Hyrum and I didn't stay the whole time because we had to get back home for his nap but here are a few things that we got to participate in.


Hyrum being cute during one of the presentaions where the kids were learning about corn products.

1 comment:

Mary said...

What cuties, your boys are.