Sunday, September 6, 2009

Enjoying a Saturday with Daddy

After much difficulties with job layoffs and such, David has been doing "his own thing" for a little bit now. Up until about 2 weeks ago, his work has been limited to wonderful members of our branch who have hired David for lawn care work and fixing up stuff in their homes. These last 2 weeks, however, have been filled with long days at a rental home in Jay. His first project outside of our church member friends! We very much need this work but it means long hours, unlike the typical 9-5. I can't complain, though. We are very blessed to live in a country that takes care of you while you are "down" and if it wasn't for unemployment benefits, well, we would have been quite the burden on our family. I also feel blessed that his name is getting out there and anyone who knows David's work ethics, well, he is a very hard worker. He's honest. So Saturday was to be another long day but I wasn't doing too well emotionally and Daddy called it a day much shorter than what he could have worked. He came home, I got some much needed alone time, and then off to the park we went! Children love the outdoors and I have not taken the boys outside near enough as I have in past summers. I really don't like the weather here in the summer and so I usually pawn off the duty to Daddy but I was just so happy to have us all together on this Saturday.


My monkey boys!


I love this picture! Besides Levi being so cute, I love the plants growing in the trunk.

Anytime that we go outside, Hyrum insists that he put on one of Daddy's hats. He points to his head and says, "ha(t) ha(t)"


No comments: