Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fun-A-Ree

Since school started, our family is pretty much involved with something every day of the week now. Well, maybe not Thursdays.....just give it time! On some days we are doing a number of activities after school. Next Tuesday, Levi is suppose to be at 3 different activities at the same time! I think I am finally starting to feel the "pain" of those moms of older children who talk about how it was so much easier when the kids were younger....except I am finding something out about myself. I do much better, emotionally when I am busy. I hope I am not just masking "the real problem" by keeping myself so busy and not thinking but I have to say that since school has started I have noticed that I am doing much better, mentally. Once I realized this, I started volunteering for everything my children were involved in and a few others things, actually. One of the new tasks that I am taking on is a cub scout den leader assistant. Levi joined the cub scouts this year and he just can't wait to go on that "camp out" that he keeps talking about. You know the cub/boy scouts shirt that they wear...yeah, he calls that the "camp out shirt."
Today was the cub scout Fun-A-Ree. Up until today, cub scouts have been pretty boring for Levi. Just a bunch of meetings so he was thrilled that he got to do some fun stuff today. The Fun-A-Ree was free to the public but not a lot of people showed up so it was easy to hit all the stations in a short period of time which was nice because we could only stay for an hour and a half because of some other plans later that day.
Every time we go to a fair or some kind of event that has face painting, we never get to do it because it always has the longest lines. There was no line today!

Hyrum got impatient with the face painting so we went on to the next station of making a coloring book.

I'm not sure if the jumping/fun house has much to do with scouts but the boys weren't complaining!

Here the kids are racing some other kids from church (the Jones family , met us at the Fun-A-Ree). It really was the perfect day to do be outside.

And just as we finally made it to the actual cub scout stuff, my batteries died! Oh well! We had fun though!

No comments: