Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hyrum's cowlick

Hyrum is seriously such a cute little guy. He's tiny for his age, doesn't speak well at all, still walks with his gut out, soft skin, huge eyes, tiny nose, dimple, and I can't get over how he looks the other way and sticks that bottom lip of his out when he doesn't want to do something...he just doesn't come off as a 2 year old. Strangers ask me how old his is and they are always surprised when I tell them. Auntie's nickname for him, Bitty, is just a perfect discription of him. But I took this picture of him tonight, in the bathtub, and realized that he does have one big kid trait; his cowlick. Even when I've just poured water on his head, out comes that cowlick! He has 2 cowlicks actually; each going a different direction but curling into each other so he always has a tuff of hair up in the back. To make it worse, its on the side of his head...not the middle! Auntie said the other day that maybe Hyrum will grow up in a generation where spikey hair will be cool so he can cover it up. I'm up for growing his hair out again so I can get those curls back! Oh, but then he won't be a kid at all will he? He will be completely baby....sounds so good to me....

2 comments:

Christina Brinkworth said...

What a cute little guy and a cute picture!!!! When people ask me how old my kids are they are always surprised too...only it is because they LOOK so much OLDER than they are cause they are so TALL. Makes me laugh!!

Kristi Avery said...

Awwwwww. I miss your little guy, and your other little guys, and you, and....