Sunday, August 2, 2009

What is summer to you?

School will be starting in less than 2 weeks and I noticed a few pictures that I wanted to document before we get busy with school and summer ends.
So what is summer to you? To me it is catching fireflies or turning off your living room lights, sitting down on the couch with hubby and just watching the fireflies light up like crazy.

It's finding nature just outside your house. This tree is in our front yard....yes, full of bees!


We also have a shed that 2 groundhogs live under, that we see daily out in the yard and every once in a while a skunk will show up.

Summer is the plenty of hummingbirds that come back year after year to Grandma and Grandpa's place to get their homemade hummingbird food. Grandpa says that they have so many hummingbirds (up to 10!) because his hummingbird food is so sweet it puts those birds on a sugar high!


Summer is the many parks that the boys and I find to get as much play as possible. I have to admit, though, since being here in Okie we don't do it as much as in times past because it gets so hot!

And now I get to see my children, niece, and nephew do the same thing that I did with my grandpa growing up; making homemade ice cream!
Long are the days of summer when it is hot and humid but there are memories to be made!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love the idea of homemade ice cream but have just never really done it.