Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The differences between Levi and Brigham

Brigham and Levi are completely different. They don't really look alike, their personalities don't match, and they learn completely differently. The last truth is what brings me to this post. Levi very rarely asks questions and yet he's faster at math and reading than any other kid in his class. Brigham on the other hand asks questions constantly and I can't get that boy to even read the word "was" or "cat" or anything short like that. Brigham talked in sentences before Levi could even say most of the one words that most kids knew at his age....and Brigham is 18 months younger than Levi! It just goes to show that you never know what to expect. We struggled with Levi's speech (and still do) for years and I worried about him being held back but all his teachers would laugh at me now if I told them of those concerns of the past. Brigham came out talking and can only last about a few seconds before he has fallen out of his chair because he is to busy wiggling around and thinking about that toy that Nanny and Poppy got him the night before! We thought for sure that he was going to be our little genius. Well, he may be extremely hyper but he does make us laugh. Levi would rather figure something out before asking us what something means. Brigham on the other hand, well, I thought I would share some of his questions today and end with my personal favorite.
"Why does everyone die?"
"Why do we have brains?"
"What's a stitch?"
"What's a shock?"
"What does properly mean?"
"Does stop it mean, yes?"
David says that Hyrum is going to be a good mix of his 2 brothers. After all, David only has 2 brothers (no sisters) just like our family and was the last and is a really good mix of both Stephen and Rob. I hope he's right!

2 comments:

Rebecca E. said...

hahahaha, does stop it mean yes.... I LOVE IT! You're boys are so cute and it just makes it even more fun having them be so different, I can't wait to see Evan's personality come out!

Mary said...

Isn't it amazing how different kids from the same genetic pool and environment can turn out so different. It's just proof further more to me about our premortal existance and personalities.