Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oklahoma City Temple

David and I spent the last 2 days in Oklahoma City so that we could go to the temple. Me being a picture freak, of course I was upset when I realized I didn't bring the camera to document it for our family journal/blog. Well, I found some pictures that described how I felt during most of the trip....HOT! Like Hyrum, I really wanted some ice cream. I'm not a huge ice cream fan. I really only like Braums ice cream and only one thing on their menu; Carmel Pecan Fudge Sundae. It's all that crap that they put on it that makes it so yummy! We left the temple and saw 3 Braums in a matter of minutes but once we got closer to our hotel (about 30 minutes away) there wasn't one in site, of course!
I felt like I drank my weight in water while there. In fact, on the way up, we stopped at a gas station to fill up on gas and instead of buying a bottled water, I bought a glass of ice and a GALLON of water! Did I mention it was hot!?!

I think the 3 faces you see here pretty much sums up the way I felt while in OKC. I felt like Levi in the temple; at peace. I felt like Hyrum outside; dazed by the heat yet a little miserable. And I felt like Brigham: just so happy to be there doing it all with my husband.

No comments: