Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Meet and Greet

Today Brigham and Levi got to meet their new teachers. Brigham got to go to preschool last year but this will be his first time going to public schools. As you can see by the look on his cute face, he is so excited! He and Levi are only a grade apart but they are in 2 different schools. In Oklahoma, they start the children at age 4 in public schools! It is crazy to me that they start them so early and to make it harder to believe, they do it all day! Luckily we came a month before school ended, last school year, so I didn't feel pressured into putting Brigham in the 4 year old program. I still don't really like the idea that he is going all day for kindergarten but I do feel good about that fact that he is so excited about it. Look at that face!
Here Levi is with his 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Eberle. I am thrilled that Mrs. Eberle is his teacher! I went to school with Jamie and I associate a fond memory with her. I was in middle school when she came over to my house to help me learn some cheerleading "moves." She was so nice to me and it was the year that I made cheerleader after 2 years of trying and not making the team. It meant even more to me that she would come over and help me when she was 2 years older than me and in high school and yet still took the time out to help this middle schooler out. I guess she was always meant to be a teacher...I'm so glad she is his teacher!


1 comment:

Rebecca E. said...

Awww.... what big boys! I can't believe you have two kids in school all day, that'll actually be fun for you, right?!:) That's cool an old cheerleading friend is Levi's teacher, she even looks like a cheerleader! It's always comforting knowing the teacher...