Sunday, August 23, 2009

The importance of the American flag

My Dad is a patriot. I guess most Americans are but my father displays it not only on his shirts, hats, home decor etc... but also in what he teaches his grandchildren. These pictures were taken in June and as you can see in this picture, the American and Oklahoma flags are getting a little worn.
He took Levi and Brigham outside to teach them how to take care of the flags when they need to be replaced. He made sure that the boys never dropped the flags and told them of the importance of why we do all that we do with the flags. As you can see in this picture, he is losing Levi's attention to "Rover" and later tells me when I ask him about helping Poppy with the flags, "It was getting too boring." Gotta love children's honesty!

Poppy was patient with Brigham (Brigham is usually good about sticking things out) and not only showed him how to do it but also let him physically do certain things.


This is why we love Poppy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What an important lesson. Our flag is so beautiful!

Char said...

What a wonderful lesson. How sweet of your dad to teach your boys. I bet you love being close to your family.

Stephen and Amanda O'Dair blog said...

I love that you posted this sis I am so proud that we live in a free contry!