Thursday, August 13, 2009

1st day of school

I have 2 kids in school! It is still weird to me. Really weird. Brigham woke me up at 6 something this morning to inform me it was time to get ready for school. I told him to let Mommy sleep more but I couldn't help but feel his excitement. There is just something energizing about school starting. We live really close to the school but there were a few factors I didn't think about before we headed out the door this morning. 1) I forgot that we would actually be swimming to school in that nasty humid weather that I still can't seem to get used to! Sweat was dripping off my face before we were even half way there. 2) I forgot that Oklahoma doesn't believe in sidewalks. That was fun constantly worrying that the boys were going to get off the grass and into the street which leads to number 3) I forgot that people don't walk to school here. We came from Orem, Utah where there is a school every few blocks. There is no need for school buses because everyone lives so close. People live out in the country here and so there was a lot of traffic to get around.....needless to say, we will NOT be walking to school again!

Ok, so that above section was a little heavy with sarcasm.....not something that I really care for but I have to be honest in telling you that is how I felt this morning. But I soon got over it once inside. David took Brigham down to the ECC (Early Childhood Center) and I stayed with Levi at the Upper Elementary while he had breakfast in the cafeteria. We would have stayed with Brigham but he didn't eat breakfast until later and school was ready to start for him. Grove Schools provide free breakfast which I think is so cool. Levi didn't know what to do so we stayed with him and being the wonderful brother that he is, he gladly shared his food with Hyrum.


Oh my goodness this is the cutest picture! He was so cute with his backpack. Auntie got him a backpack for his birthday because she knew both of his brothers would have one everyday going to school and didn't want him left out. Seeing this little guy with a backpack and yet still sucking on a sippie.....just so darn cute!

2 comments:

Mary said...

What a smart thinking Aunt. When I went back to school shopping it was drama for Issac who is not in school yet to be left out of the fun. Sad day.

The Hills said...

Fun stuff. School doesn't start here until Sept 8th, I think. I don't even remember, how terrible is that. Tyler will be in 1st grade and I can't wait to get him out of the house all day!

Oregon doesn't believe in sidewalks either and busses are the way to go because of all the rain we get. Have fun having more time to get things done!