Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Celebration

After Logan's birthday party we waited for it to get dark so we could start the fireworks. With it being summer, it was a long wait. David stayed outside most of the time whittling this stick. I love my husband!
This is the only semi-decent picture I got of our fireworks. Brigham and I went to the Grove firework show on the 3rd and I was trying to explain to him why we have the firework display. I explained about our ancestors living in a different land across the ocean and how they wanted to be able to make their own choices with religion and such. So they moved very far away, across the ocean, to a land where they could get away from the rulers in their old land that wouldn't let them do such. I explained that those "rulers" eventually came after our ancestors and tried to kill them. I told him of the fight and how we knew we had won when we were able to see a flag after all the smoke cleared after the fight. Later we became a "free" country.

I asked him later, "So Brigham, why do we celebrate on the 4th of July?" He said, "Ummmm.....Ummmmmm....because those people were nice?" Ummm, well, maybe I'll explain it again later.
We live close enough to the football stadium that we were able to see their fireworks, along with ours, in the distance.

It was so very cute to see Hyrum with the hand "sprinklers."

Brigham with all his many bug bites on his face!



1 comment:

Christina Brinkworth said...

oh no gross or yuck or ewww from me this time. LOL Very cute pics, your little guys are soooo cute!!!