Saturday, September 28, 2019

Living Planet Aquarium

Brigham and one of his friends from Washington Terrace wanted to hang out today, so we met Clayson and his Mom halfway (about a 40 minute drive).  Brigham went back to Washington Terrace with them and since we were already in the area, I thought we'd go to the aquarium.
 Ruger was the only one that went with David and I.  Other than at the penguin exhibit, he was pretty impatient with most of it.  He's just a ball of energy and so he never lasted very long at each place that we stopped.  That was a killing me a little because we spent so much money to get in and because I really love aquariums.  I would go to an aquarium over a zoo any day.
 Sea turtles, stingrays, and jellyfish are always my favorites.
 Ruger got such a kick out of the penguins, though.  They really captured his attention.



Being able to spend time with David this weekend has been so precious.  Last weekend, I spent to much of our time worrying about when it was going to end.  Monday and Tuesday of this week was just awful.  I tried and tried to remember that we are doing what we were led to do but I just kept thinking, "But I don't want to do this!" 

Around Wednesday, I had lunch with a friend who is dealing with a lot of loneliness in her life.  She would give anything to have a husband and children.  I'm sure she would even want my situation of only seeing her husband on the weekends...just as long as she had that someone in her life that she could totally trust and rely on.  It was a good wake up call for me.  My situation is not ideal but I am blessed.  I have someone that I can share my worst fears and best ideas with every night over the phone.  And on weekends, I can physically share time and nurture with.  What if that was taken away from me tomorrow?  Would I be a wreck because I didn't cherish what I had when I had it?  I have not cried once since then.

I want to end with a quote from a reading assignment I had from one of my classes.  I thought it was fitting leading up to my realization on Wednesday.  I had read it last week actually.  I would cry and then get out the quote and read it to calm me down.  So I want to journal it in case the lies in my head get louder than reality.

Elder Holland said, "I acknowledge the reality of opposition and adversity that so often come after enlightened decisions have been made, after moments of revelation and conviction, but I bear witness that God has set bounds and limits to the opposing powers of darkness.  And when the 2nd and 3rd and 4th blows come, "fear ye not...The Lord shall fight for you."

No comments: