Sunday, September 22, 2019

Busy, Busy, Busy

The entry I recorded before this one was part of this very busy week for me but I wanted to journal this separately because its pretty special, in my eyes.  It was a "first" for Brigham and we both got to spend time with those we love.
 On Saturday, the 14th, was an "Out Of The Darkness" walk put on by the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention in Salt Lake City.  Some time ago, I asked my friend Kristen if she would meet me in Salt Lake and do the walk with me.  Before I knew it, Kristen and I had formed a team and raised $50.00 for the cause.

I knew Kristen from when we lived in Washington Terrace.  Her daughter is Maddie, whom I love very much.  There are plenty of past journal entries with her in them as she was friends with Levi and Brigham and used to be Ruger's babysitter.  

Maddie ended up inviting Brigham to her homecoming dance and it happened to fall on the same day as the walk so Brigham came with me.  An old friend of Brigham's (Clayson) and new friends of Maddie drove together and we all met in Salt Lake.  We had quite the young, fun team!

After the walk, Brigham went up to Washington Terrace with Kristen and her crew.  They played the rest of the day and then got all cleaned up for the dance.

I love these 2 pictures so much!  This was Brigham's very first dance and it happened to be a semi-formal one!  The fact that it got to be with Maddie and that his best friend Clayson got to go as well just made it MY dream come true!  I know this dance wasn't about me at all but I just love these 2 so much!
This was the group that went together to the homecoming dance.




No comments: