Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Day 5: Vacation in Oklahoma

We woke up early, said goodbye to Nanny and headed off to the Tulsa International Airport.  On the drive up there, we could hear Baby Boy grunting and I said a little prayer of thanks as I was worried that he would poop while we were in the air. 

Which reminds me of the blessing I received the night before we left for Oklahoma.  On a previous post I wrote about how I had been struggling with my depression ever since Brigham's hospital stay.  Well, the night before our trip to Oklahoma, I was feeling really anxious and I hated it.  I hated that I was going home to the people I love and I couldn't get my heart in a peaceful place.  So I asked David for a blessing.  As he always does, it was beautiful.  I truly am so grateful to be married to a man who is worthy of giving me such a blessing; a blessing that tells me what my Father in Heaven wants me to know.  One of the things that was spoken of in the blessing was for me to watch for the little blessings that Heavenly Father would provide me.  Later that night, Baby Boy had a HUGE bowel movement.  That may not be a blessing to some but for me it was significant.  He is morning pooper...always.  But with him having that bowel movement late that night, he never pooped while we were flying or even in the airports.

So back to him grunting in the car....

So we get to the airport and we have lots of time to spare.  So I thought I would change his diaper before checking in our bags and car seat.  I get him out of the car seat and can see that he had a blowout...poop everywhere.  Even on the car seat.  So Dad stays with the bags and Brigham (though he did offer to clean Baby Boy up...typical dad.  Always helping.) while I take little guy to the women's restroom.  I start taking off his outfit and realize the poop really is EVERYWHERE and decided to just chuck the whole outfit!  I only have so many wipes and think, what if he happens to have another bowel movement before I get to Utah and can't clean him up? 

So, I completely undressed him and put him in the sink and bath him!  Yep, this little guy can say he has had a bath in the women's restroom at the Tulsa International Airport!  Amazingly enough, no one walked in while I was doing this.  I can only imagine someone walking in and thinking, "What in the heck are you doing lady??!

Again, most would not consider that a blessing but can you imagine that happening while in the air?  Oh, that stresses me out just thinking about that scenario!

Once we got everything checked in, the guy at the counter asked if Dad was going with me, to help with the baby, to the gate.  I thought I had heard him wrong but sure enough, he meant going past the security gates with us.  Of course, I jumped on that!  Apparently, if you have a baby someone can come back with you, if the situation is you need help.  That just gave us more time to spend with Poppy.  So that is what the above picture is all about.  Poppy and his airport pass.

Both our flights were delayed but all went well.  Brigham was such a good helper.  Which really means a lot.  He doesn't like to hold Baby Boy but he helped me anyway without complaining and that made things so much easier.  In fact, as we were on our way home he told me that he thinks he is more comfortable with holding Baby Boy now.  Makes me smile.

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

What a fun Family Vacation ") Sorry I missed you, I was so busy getting things ready for my Momma (her bedroom") and getting myself ready for the trip to go get her on the 2nd, just ran out of time. Glad to see you had such a Great time, Great Pics ")