Monday, June 8, 2015

Day 3: Vacation in Oklahoma

So, with the plenty of rain that Oklahoma received just before we came, the dams in Disney were releasing a lot of water.  Brigham and I really, really wanted to go to Little Blue and swim but it was closed due to the flooding.  But Poppy took us, along with Logan and Elton, to go look at it anyway.  We didn't get very far though, because it was blocked off and guarded.
(Poppy, Logan, Brigham and Elton)
These were taken down by the big dam.  
The boys tried real hard to throw rocks far enough to hit the water but I think only Poppy made it.
After we got back, Baby Boy, Brigham and I went to Poppy and MeMaw's house.  Baby Boy was so content in their laps.  He really amazes me with his love for people.  He's not scared of anyone.  Levi was like that as a baby.
(Alisa, Brandy,Robyn, and Marlana)
 Later that night, the girls that I went to high school with got together for dinner.  That night was also baseball tournaments so a few of the girls could only stay long enough to say hi.  Because of this, many pictures were taken to make sure we got all the girls.
(Top: Alisa, Shaunda, Marlanda.  Bottom: Robyn and Brandy)
(Top: Nikki, Marlana, Alisa, Laura holding Baby Boy, and Skye.  Bottom:  Brandy and Shaunda)
(Top:  Laura, Alisa, Charlotte, and Marlana.  Bottom:  Brandy and Shaunda)
I LOVE THIS PICTURE!  This could not have captured the night any better!  We laughed and laughed.  I always enjoy girls night outs but this felt extra fun.  Probably because there were more here than usual.  I didn't want the night to end with the girls, but Baby Boy needed to sleep.  Since I needed a ride home, Marlana, Laura, and Skye came back to April's house with me (that is where I was staying that night) and I'm so glad they did.  I love these girls so much.  I love their honesty.  I love that I can be ME around them.  Every time I come down, I always get to see Marlana and I'm so grateful for that but visits with Laura have been VERY far between.  She recently moved back to the area so it's a lot easier now to see her.  I kept looking at her that night and thinking that she was a true definition of the saying that, "We may not see each other often but it is always like nothing has changed when we do see each other."  I can be completely open with her.
 

No comments: