Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ogden Mustangs

The boys seem to come home, from school, with free tickets to games a lot.  This time it was for the Ogden Mustangs.  The team is a part of the Western States Hockey League.  

It makes sense that I would like this sport only because it is cold there in the rink but other than that, well, hockey does not describe Alisa Adams.  I am not that sporty of a person and I really don't like to see fighting or blood or poor sportsmanship. 

I can't believe I am going to write this but...

I really like Hockey!

I loved how fast the game is.  That puck is just constantly on the move and fast!  So you have to pay attention, which made the time fly by.  And I really don't like admitting this but it was actually entertaining watching them fight over the puck.  Maybe I should wait till I actually see blood before I say I like the "fighting" part, though :)

So I will start off with a picture of a fight that happened right in front of us!  We were on the second row so we couldn't have gotten a better view!

One of the favorite parts for all of us, though, was that the Mustangs were playing against the Oilers...from TULSA OKLAHOMA!  It made for a hard game of knowing who to root for.  The boys loved that on the Utah side there was a player with the last name of Moore and on the Oklahoma side their was a player with the last name of Beck

(Me holding up an "O" for Oklahoma and David holding up our Ogden Mustang ticket...and of course Levi photo bombing us.  My kids sure love to do that!)

Hyrum was pretty bored with the whole thing but I was able to keep him somewhat entertained with some chips that we bought there.  During the game I asked him how he rated hockey.  He gave it a thumbs down.  He then asked me how I rated it.  I gave it a thumbs up with a plus sign.  But he kept asking me over and over what I liked about it.  I thought I was giving good reasons with how fast the game was and how fun the fans were but finally he let me know he didn't want to hear any of those answers by asking me, "You don't even care about the chips?!"  Apparently, all he cared about were the chips.  He is so cute!

 (But he did seem to like the mascot:)

 One of the best parts for the boys was after the first period ended.  The referee came over to us and threw over the puck that was just used in the game.  Brigham was a good brother and gave the puck to Levi because he knew how much he wanted it, even though Brigham had been the one to actually catch it.

And of course it is always a must to get the player's autographs and a picture with a player after the game.  It was a late but really fun night!
 

2 comments:

Tricia said...

LOve this and love the picture close up> Such a fun memory for your boys.

Jon McBride said...

Just saw this post off of a Google search. Hope to see you guys back for another game or two this coming season! GO MUSTANGS!

- Jon
Director of Broadcasting and New Media
Ogden Mustangs