Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mini Family Reunions

Rob and Erin live in Texas now so when they fly in, it is always a priority to make sure we spend time with them.  Since 2 out of the 3 brothers live in Utah, when Rob and Erin are here it is like having a little mini family reunion.  And it almost always takes place at Stephen and Holly's home.  But this time it was a new home (they moved in to a new home in Spanish Fork around Christmas).
(Hyrum with Erin...and of course his stuffed cats had to join them :)
I love this picture because it captures a perfect mommy moment.  Erin is on the floor entertaining the little ones (mainly Bridger, Abby, and Hyrum).  But just as all mommies of babies know, they pretty much can't do anything without the babies crawling all over them while trying to do something else.  Watching Erin tonight was a sweet reminder of just how special a baby/mommy bond is.  For a small part of a child's life they are totally dependent on their mommy.  Watching Mason and Hesston freaking out when Erin left the room wasn't annoying at all.  It was that sweet reminder that for just a small moment, a mother is everything to their baby.  I wanted to whisper to Erin to soak it up and love it because my "babies" don't freak out anymore when Mommy isn't around.

(Helen and Bridger)
Grandma almost always has these prescription paper bags to give to the kids when she is around.  They love to blow air into them and POP them with their little hands.
(Chloe, Alisa, and Keiran)
 As always, my favorite part of the night were the girls.  They took wonderful care of my nails.  I know I say it a lot when I am around all my nieces but I really do love my time with them.  I can't help but feel the different energy that little girls put out and honestly feel just a little bit more feminine around them.

(Rob, David, Stephen, and Helen)
At the end of the night we took a few pictures together.  Unfortunately my picture with Grandma and all her grandchildren didn't turn out but I do love this one of her with her boys.  I truly am so grateful for her raising my husband in the circumstances that she did.  All of her boys are such good men and I will forever love her for that.

(Rob, Erin, David, Alisa, Stephen, and Holly)
I didn't realize just how short all the wives were until this picture!   That's ok though.  We all go well together, right? :)

1 comment: