Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years 2014

The Stevenson family invited us over for New Years Celebrations last night.  I really don't like to stay up so late with my kids (because of late night emotions) but it was really fun with Peggy.  She put a lot of work into the food and games to make it really enjoyable.

 She had balloons, that had different times marked on them, that the kids were allowed to pop to find out what the paper inside said we were going to do next. 

 One was making glow in the dark shirts.  Of course, Minecraft was my boys artwork of choice.

She had fun games for them to do as well as things to look back on in 2013.

But the last balloon was the activity that all little kids love...being as loud as possible once midnight strikes and it is officially 2014!

Some memorable things of the night was one of the dishes Peggy made.  She brought it out and started telling us that she made this just for her and David because of their "trailer trash" past.  They both grew up in trailers and so they tease each other about it often.  David and I got such a kick out of this because of different reasons.  I never thought it was a trailer thing, I just thought it was gross!  The first time I had it was with his family...in a trailer.  I remember eating it and trying my hardest to hide my thoughts which were, "Who puts cottage cheese with whip topping and fruit!"  I just couldn't get over the cottage cheese.  Even as I write this David is laughing at this picture because he can't believe how correct Peggy was on all the things she was saying about this "special" dish.  He grew up on this stuff and it was for special occasions.  Sorry, but I still say YUCK!

I got my gift for Christmas from Peggy last night as well.  I found this quote on Pinterest earlier in 2013 because I thought it was funny.  It is a big thing right now to put vinyl quotes directly on your walls or in frames.  I like the idea and think it is a good reminder of positive things to have in ones house but I don't have any.  Probably more because I am not really into decorating.  I don't know why I thought this was so funny when I saw it on Pinterest other than it is making fun of everyone who does this wall quote stuff.  But it looks like I am going to become that person because this is sooooooo going on a wall at home!

No comments: