Saturday, January 11, 2014

Crazy Date Night

Peggy Stevenson texted me earlier in the week wanting to know if David and I wanted to go on a group date on Friday (yesterday) night.  I was excited because I knew it would be creative with Peggy in charge but a little hesitant, I have to admit.  I just have never liked getting babysitters for the boys.  We just never seem to be in a place long enough to really get to know someone that I feel comfortable with leaving them for hours.  Luckily there is a neighbor family here that I trust and even though I didn't want to ask (she has 3 little ones of her own), I did it!  And it turned out great because I trust her and the boys did real well.

David and I meet at Scott and Peggy's house, loaded up in their van and then went to pick up Shane and Jessica.  We knew Shane and Jessica briefly when we lived in Sunset.  From there we went to Savers.  It is a resale shop in Layton.  We were instructed that we each had $10.00 to spend on our spouses to wear as we went bowling next.  I was sooooo looking forward to this part!  It may seem mean to another but I know David's personality and I knew he would go for it.  But before I put the picture up of David's "after" here is my "before."
 A few "afters."

(Shane, Jessica, Peggy, and Scott)

Yes, that would be underwear outside of pants as well as a few bonus things like goggles and ear muffs.  There were so many laughs last night but one of my favorites were random people's reactions.  I think they got a kick out of it as much as we did.  The best was walking into a bowling alley just to find out that all the lanes were being used.  The look on people's faces as we walked in looking like this and then soon after leaving was priceless.
But we finally did get to go bowling in Syracuse.  You can't see it but I am wearing my jeans under my dress and a pair of toe socks under my bowling shoes.  I was a brat and gave my husband Batman underwear, a tropical shirt with dancing hula girls on it, as well as a shelled necklace to wear.  David, on the other hand got me a somewhat matching dress outfit with socks because he knew I wouldn't want to wear the bowling shoes that other people have worn.  Yep, I have a wonderful good sport of a husband that I don't deserve!  Man, I love him!

We didn't do regular bowling though.  Peggy had some M&Ms and each color represented a different way that we had to bowl that turn.

It was interesting trying to bowl backwards between your legs in a dress!  But believe it or not, I did the best.  I am not a good bowler...at all!  But for some reason, bowling in crazy odd positions made me get the most points of the night.  At the very last frame, the computer gave Peggy a strike even though she didn't even hit anything so technically she won...but I am not counting that because seriously, playing crazy bowling is the only way I would EVER win!

We had so much fun last night.  The back of my head hurt so bad by the end of the night.  That seems to be a common occurrence around Peggy though :)

3 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

What a FUN night you all had, You look GREAT by the way ")

Char said...

What a fun and yet embarrassing date night. Right up your alley!

Tricia said...

What a FUN night and a FUN friend!!! Love the Underwear:)