Saturday, August 31, 2013

Wrapping Things Up

The Amazon project is to wrap up at the end of October.  Seems like we just got here in some ways but in other ways, it seems we have been gone from Utah for a little too long.  I miss it there.  But I can't deny all the fun things we have got to experience while living here in California.  There really is so much to offer in this state.  So many FUN memories have been made.

I met David at the job site yesterday so he could show me around.
This project is the largest job David has been a part of.  The money (120 million) that has went into this has surpassed all his others as well as the crunch to get this done in such a short time period.  But even with how crazy fast this has all went, I really appreciate how Big D Construction has taken care of David.  They continue to show me that they are not like the other construction companies that David has worked for.  They don't abuse his time, making him stay ridiculously long hours.  Don't get me wrong, he works much longer than the average work day but we are used to that in this field.  Where Big D stands out to me is that they don't make him work weekends, most of the time, and even with him working long hours, he still gets to be with us at home for a good chunk of the time.  We have worked for companies in the past that have had him working such long hours that it was days before the boys would see their father. That just hasn't been the case with this company.
It was fun riding around with him (safety gear in place, of course) on the ATV.  I could tell he took pride in this project as he pointed things out here and there.

And I am proud of him too.  This job has provided for us in ways that we have never experienced in our marriage.  It has been a nice change.  Money isn't everything.  I know this, but I can't deny it has been fun experiencing all that we have, while here.  I am so grateful David has worked so hard for all of us.

1 comment:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

So does this mean you're moving again? Where you off to next? I think you need to come to New Mexico. =)