Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Friendly Sabbath

Today we slept in; a wonderful perk of not having church until 1:00 p.m.  Funny, that we still are always late though.  Ok, pathetic.  But I refuse to be stressed out having to get to church on time.  David taught me that early in our marriage.  I used to freak out when we weren't out the door soon enough until he pointed out how stressed I was every Sunday.  I made up my mind then, that if it meant I would be late every Sunday, it would be worth it as long as I enjoyed my time at church.

We got ready and then headed to David's job sight (the Amazon project) to watch some helicopters lift up some huge air conditioning units on top of the building.  One of those things where I was reminded how different boys and girls are.  The boys thought it was really cool to watch.  The only thing "cool" I thought worth watching was how excited they got over a helicopter doing the same thing over and over.  However, I may have changed my mind if it was tons of chocolate being lifted....
 We came back home to have lunch with the Brennan family before church.  They were visiting family here in California and stopped by (from Utah).  Sure do love this family.  Very rare when you can feel so in sink with both spouses.  Bin (Ben) makes me laugh and Laurel is the patient mother that I want to be to my children.  Their family is just fun, good examples to David and I, and I love them for that.
(Hyrum, Laurel, Becca, Bin, Dora, Alisa holding Olivia, Levi, and David)

No comments: