Tuesday, August 6, 2013

San Francisco Giants

With Levi and Brigham playing for the Junior Giants this year, they got free tickets to see a real San Francisco Giants game.  I was able to get tickets that other children and parents weren't going to use so we could make a family outing of it on Monday night.

But first we took a wrong turn...and a beautiful one it was!  San Francisco is really amazing to look at when the fog comes in like that, hovering over the city.  It really was a memorable sight.

(Brigham, David, Levi, Alisa, and Hyrum  in front of the Bay Bridge and San Francisco)  



Not only did they get free tickets but they also got hot dogs and a bottled water.  I was real grateful for that considering we had to pay for Hyrum's hot dog at $4.00.  Geez!  But really it was so worth it.  I didn't even complain about parking price.


The AT&T park, where the Giants play, is right on the ocean - which makes for an amazing feel.


This was all of our first time being at a real Major League game :)


This was my favorite part of the WHOLE night!  The kissing cam was hilarious!  So, if you don't know what that is, at a certain point of the game the cameras will go around the stadium focusing on couples.  When the couple realizes they are on camera, they start kissing.  Brigham is at that stage where he H A T E S any kissing.  It doesn't matter if it is Mom and Dad kissing or if it is on his favorite cartoon.  It is all disgusting to him.  Well, he was cracking me up because he kept covering up his face with his glove, so he wouldn't have to see the kissing on the big screen but then he would peek over it just enough to see if the newest couple on the screen was done kissing.

(Some very tired boys on the way home)

So, as we were at the game, I texted Uncle Chuck that we were at a Giants game and that I was thinking of him.  Chuck is such a baseball guy, so I shouldn't be surprised that he quickly texted back talking about "Levi's Landing" and watching for us as he watched the game from Oklahoma and how they were known for their garlic fries.  I told Brigham that Chuck was watching the game and he started freaking out looking for a camera trying to let Uncle Chuck know he was there.  It was cute and I really wished Chuck was there to see it.  He would have been proud of his baseball loving "nephew."

I am not a baseball person.  I'm not any type of sport person but I have to say that going to this game was really neat.  There is something about being at a stadium full of people who love this game so much.  Their energy was contagious and it honestly made me really excited to be there.  We Americans are funny with our passion for sports but I was really proud to be a part of it.

2 comments:

chuck said...

looks like an amazing night. nothing like a big league park.

Char said...

What a fun night!