Saturday, August 10, 2013

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

Today we were suppose to meet some people, for a ward social, at New Brighton Beach.  The TomTom (GPS) had a different plan, however.  We ended up at one of the beaches at Santa Cruz.
 The boardwalk area is very popular, with their amusement rides right on the beach, but I have never wanted to go.  I knew it would be way to crowded for my liking.  But when we ended up there, it was already much later than we had planned to get there, we didn't know where to go from there, and the kids were begging to get out...so I sucked it up and just agreed.
 Man, was that a mistake!
 It wasn't just crowded, it was also really gross.  All the crud that washed up on the beaches (I guess, it was suppose to be seaweed...wasn't like any seaweed I was used to) attracked sooooo many flies.  It seriously was stressing me out.
As usual, David was way to good to me and let me take off and explore the boardwalk because I just couldn't handle it anymore.  And I am so grateful he did because it was a wonderful walk.
One of the things I saw was a sea lion under the boardwalk.  He was stinky and loud but worth watching him :)
By the time I got back, even Daddy was ready to go.  We had our lunch that we brought and headed back to the car...only to find a ticket!  Nice!  Just love when cities don't put signs up indicating you CAN'T park there!

And yes, I'm crabby.




No comments: