Monday, June 3, 2013

That's Where I Am At

Just an update on my taking better care of my body.  Still have problems with the pop thing.  Those darn Sonic drinks!  I have put "Add Ins" in my Dr Pepper for years (Cherry and Vanilla, Chocolate and Vanilla, Chocolate and Cherry...even all three!).  So sad.  Funny thing is, when I was younger, I really hated pop.  I didn't like the fizzy feeling in my throat.  I though it kinda hurt.  I would only allow for the occasional sip of my Dad's Pepsi.  (To this day, I still think Dad's Pepsi tastes different than if I were to order one.)  I also didn't like drinking pop because of the whole caffeine thing.  That all changed after David, Levi, Brigham and I moved from Rexburg, Idaho to Colorado.  I was depressed and for some reason I started to resort to Sonic drinks.  I know, weird, but it was my drug of choice.

Then a few years back, Elton said something about having a drink from Sonic once that had cream in it.  Oh, how my life has changed!  Yeah, I have a problem!  Sonic drinks are NOT cheap so I finally got smart and just bought cans of Dr. Pepper and Creamer that you put in coffee.  Oh my goodness....HEAVEN!  Ok, maybe it wasn't so smart but it has helped the pocket book.

But I can say that I am doing really well on cutting back on my chocolate intake.  I also drink one-two smoothies a day that only consists of fruits, veggies, raw nuts, and coconut milk.  It's really nice to still have those samples of Stevia that NuNaturals sent me because they are great in those smoothies.

So all in all, other than my pops, I am doing real well.  Levi LOVES my smoothies so he has them with me, which makes me feel so good that I know he is getting plenty of nutrients from fresh fruits and veggies daily.

Last month, my gift to Heavenly Father was to focus on fasting.  I am terrible about fasting.  I always have been.  Even when I thin.  I have such a terrible time with the refraining from water part.  Don't get me wrong, I get crabby when I am hungry but it is doable.  The water part, however, really gets to me.  The medications I take give me dry mouth so I am constantly sipping water throughout the day.

While we were living in Utah, I read this book called the "W.O.W. Diet."  It isn't about a fad diet; far from it.  It is about changing the way you eat around the Words Of Wisdom of different religions.  Not only did I learn about the eating rituals of different religions but I also learned about fasting and how it is medically good for your body.  The lady who wrote the book spoke of how she struggled with fasting.  After reading what she did to prepare her body to finally have a successful fast, I though I could do it too.  So, I started with only missing 2 meals and just trying to stay away from water for as long as I could.  Once I thought I really had to have water, I allowed myself that.  Once I allowed myself to slowly get my body used to fasting, I did so much better.  Before, I felt that if I didn't do it perfectly then I should just stop.  Give up.  Now, I am not.  I am still not at a full fast, but I am getting there.

So, I bring the fasting thing up because last month I fasted that I would be able to take better care of my body.  I need to get the Lord's help with this.  To many times in life, I depend on David for help or turn to others for advice.  It is great to have that benifit of willing people to help, but I don't take advantage of a loving Father in Heaven who would gladly help, if I would just let Him.  

So yeah, that's where I am at.

No comments: