Thursday, June 13, 2013

Worn

After having a complete and total meltdown this evening, I have been humbled into remembering not to judge other mothers I see at some grocery or department store, yelling at their kids.  It really bothers me to hear them cursing at their children and while I didn't yell or curse at mine today, well, I sure wasn't nice.  I will say that Brigham and Levi were being very naughty and not listening to me but my actions were uncalled for, especially when they were directed towards Hyrum and later David.
So, I was in the shower trying to calm down from our outing when I thought of all those moms that I pass by at stores who aren't so kind to their kids.  A lot of times I will say little prayers for those children and if I hear a screaming baby I will say one for the mom.  But I can't say that I ever do it for the parents who are cursing and yelling at their kids.  I guess I am to busy judging them.

I love that saying, "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you do."
That came to my mind tonight.  So the next time I run into that crabby mom please remember that she might be suffering something you can't imagine.  I really hope I remember this.

David caught me hmmming the other day.  He said it was pretty and wanted to know what it was.  I didn't realize what song it was.  I had to really think about it.  When I realized what it was, it made me cry.

"My prayers are wearing thin
Yeah, I’m worn
Even before the day begins
Yeah, I’m worn
I’ve lost my will to fight
I’m worn
So, heaven come and flood my eye"
("Worn" by Tenth Avenue North)

I am blessed.  I know this.  But there are times when the trials of life just seem a bit to hard.  Just last night David and I were talking in bed about a friend of mine who is struggling that I have been worried about.  But I am also excited for what she is learning from this time in her life.  The life lessons she is going through right now are making her more compassionate towards those mothers who struggle to just get up in the morning.  

I pray for all the worn mothers tonight because I know that if they hold on, great compassion follows.  And because of that, I am actually very grateful for all that I have been through and experienced.  

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

what fun pics in your post before with the Lesters ") But, just one of my own thoughts, on trials, mistakes and what we learn from them. Went to our new ward in Claremore a couple of weeks ago, and the High Councilman spoke and he left a lasting thought that helps me daily now of getting through those daily trials of motherhood, spousehood ") friendhood ")siblinghood ")part of his talk was on "enduring" Now, we've all heard that phase "Endure to the end" well he put a little twist on it and said "Endure Well" how are we going to handle it, WELL! He talked about Joseph Smith and that the Lord told him that he was not yet as Job that this is just a short time (pain). And so I look at like that, anything I go through in life, that I am not yet as Joseph or Job or many others who have suffered worse. This life is but a test, we are here to be tried, there are going to be mistakes, trials, obstacles, how obedient are we going to be, It's, how are we going to handle it. Hope Im not being preachy, it's what I've learned and it sure helps me to overcome things that may be hard. Endure Well....I've wanted to blog about this for awhile and probably will but for now it will just have to be on yours. ") Love Ya...

Adams said...

Thank you, Rose. I really love your comment because it goes well with that talk that David and I had that I spoke about in the post. He was talking about the Atonement and to be patient with ourselves. It made me think of "letting go" of those unimportant things because ultimately I am never going to be able to perfectly handle any situation. That is my problem (and I'm sure many other peoples problem). Thinking I have to do this perfect. I can't and I need to let those "perfect" thoughts go. Just endure well. I really like that, Rose.