Thursday, June 6, 2013

PROUD OF MY KIDS


Ok, so I'm the typical Mom and proud of my kids and their accomplishments.  A few days before school ended, there was an assembly at school honoring students who were excelling academically.  Levi not only got the Academic Superstar but also the Principles Award.  The last is the most sought out one because it indicates that your grades were between a 3.5 and perfect 4.0.  It didn't surprise me one bit when he got that last award.  Levi has always really cared about his school work.  Brigham, on the other hand, really could care less.  But...he does make up for it with his talents outside of school.
Uncle Bubba would be so proud!  Brigham started guitar lessons on Wednesday with a teenager, Nate, in our ward.  I really like how laid back he is with Brigham.  He complimented him and just didn't pressure him at all.  That is how Brigham works best so I think these two will get along perfectly.
I don't get it as much as when Brigham was younger, but I am very much used to hearing how people who grew up around me and Ronald (Uncle Bubba) think that Brigham looks just like Ronald did.  Funny thing, when Ronald lived with us before his mission, you could tell that he favored Brigham too.  Then out of the blue, Brigham asked if he could have guitar lessons.  The guitar that Nate is using is Uncle Bubba's guitar that he left with us years ago.  Leave it to Brigham to be the one to finally pick it up....just like Uncle Bubba.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brigham - Heck yeah! Go Brigham!! Keep at it. It's hard at first, but it's totally worth it in the end! And if you ever want more pointers or anything just let me know! love you buddy.

Alisa - So when i saw the picture I first thought "Yes! I knew it would be about guitars." Then I looked closer and was like "Wait who's that kid?...Who's that other kid?...Brigham?!?!" I don't know if he does, but it looks like he has the same bowl haircut I had when i was a kid! lol And yes, he def looks like me.... lucky man. ;)