Monday, October 29, 2012

Surprise Elder Bass!

Tonight we met up with the Wilson clan for dinner...
(picture thanks to Morgan stealing my camera and taking random shots!)
 ...and entertainment!
Ok, so really we wanted to do something fun for Elder Bass.  I still can't believe that Rose's youngest son is old enough to be on a mission.  I mean, it is still weird to me that he is even old enough to drive let alone a mission.  I remember holding him as a baby....
So since he is serving his mission in Salt Lake City, we decided to decorate his door while he was out sharing the gospel.
Here are the kids peeking in his window, making sure he isn't home :)
Once we knew we were in the clear we headed to the front door but to our great surprise...
...the door was unlocked!  Bad idea, Elder Bass because now you have a baptism date for an "Eileen Dover."  Yes, I went there Bart Simpson.
Our family just loves the Wilson family so much for its obvious reasons of crazy fun but I love that they always want to serve.  It is so fun thinking of Elder Bass coming home to this.  I can just see his huge smile with those eyes of his crinkling up now :)

3 comments:

R. H. Roberts said...

You guys are so awesome! :) he's gonna be so happy

The Bass Family Pond said...

So Sweet ") Thank You and your Family for the Sweet Service that they provided. One day they will serve a mission and I pray they have members like you and your family to take care of them like you are to our son. Love you and Thanks again, I wish I could see the look on his face, I know he will be smiling and grateful Love you!

Tricia said...

I am still on a high from this night. It was so much FUN! I loved staying for a minute and hearing the ownder of the homes story. He is 79 years of and he and his wife have 7 children and they have lived there 50 years. The crazy thing about all of this too is I worked just down the street and passed this house every day. This was before Shan and I had kids. Now look at the people we know and cute little Elder Bass living in a home on that street and knocking doors in that neighborhood. Just makes my heart so HAPPY! Thanks Alisa again for including us in this:) Love you most!