Friday, October 26, 2012

Love and Death

In honor of the 25th anniversary of The Princess Bride:
"Death cannot stop true love.  All it can do is delay it for a while.
No, I am not announcing that my eternal companion has passed on.  I just was reminded of that quote from The Princess Bride earlier today and thought of how sweet and true that statement was and is.  I am truly so blessed to belong to a church that believes in not only life after death, but of eternal marriage and families.  I was so blessed to find a man to spend the rest of this life with as well as the afterlife.  He loves me.  He truly loves me, for who I am and who I have become over the years.  That means so much to me because I have changed so much from that bride he married 10 years ago...and yet he stayed with me through all our heartaches.  He loves to laugh with me and isn't too serious (just like this picture from tonight) when the moment is right.  He is not perfect, yet perfect for the type of personality that is me.  I can't imagine losing him tomorrow yet I take comfort in knowing that death would only mean missing him for the rest of my life.  Not eternity.  Spending eternity with this man sounds like Heaven to me...

1 comment:

The Bass Family Pond said...

It's Great to feel Loved ") and have that Eternal Perspective and knowledge of who we really are and what's in store Eternally ")