Thursday, October 18, 2012

Scarecrow Festival

Today was our first try at our Halloween costumes for 2012.
I say that because it seems that my boys have so much more opportunity to celebrate Halloween than I did growing up, thus wearing their costumes a lot.  I remember school parties and the actual trick or treating.  But that was always on the same day so the only other time we wore our costumes was towards the end of my costume years when our church started "trunk or treats."  I'm not complaining.  I had a blast doing it all growing up....I just never thought as a parent that so much more would be offered for my children and that they would want to go to ALL of them!
Brigham is Sonic the Hedgehog, Hyrum is an ant, and Levi is a Fire Dragon Ninja.  Hyrum's costume just melts my heart because of his fascination with ants right now.  I still can't believe he likes them so much.  His personality type is more of the cautious type when it comes to bugs or things that could possibly be scary.  He won't even put his soccer trophy up on his shelf because he thinks it looks like an "eyeball" when he turns off the lights.  Anyways, he gets so excited if he finds an ant in our apartment or outside and insists that we don't kill them.  He then picks them up and lets them crawl all over his hands and arms until he loses track of them.  He prays quite often for an ant farm for Christmas.  When you ask him why he loves ants so much he just says, "Because they are so nice."
 So today we went (with Katie) to the Scarecrow Festival at West Ridge Academy in West Jordan.  It is a school/facility that helps troubled teens.  The festival was free but I made sure that we bought our pumpkins there.  I am a sucker for donating for a good cause and honestly, if I ever finish my bachelors in Social Work, I would really love to work for a place like this. 
 There was so much for them to do there.  They made rockets and shot them up in the air.  There were bounce houses, kiddy trains, climbing, prizes, games...
...and more games...
 ...and these huge balls that they could get inside and roll around in.
 I think I heard the most giggles out of these bungee rope things attached to this blow up thing.  They ran as fast as they could, to get their bean bag the farthest before being pulled back.
 And of courses there were the photo opportunities.
I hope their costumes last long enough for all the other festivities :)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I love all of their costumes! I also love opportunities to use costumes as much as possible too! Miss you sooooo much. Oh and you are so GORGEOUS!

The Bass Family Pond said...

Looks like a lot of Fun...

Tricia said...

Wish we would have made it there:( Looks like you guys had a blast!!! Your kids costumes are adorable. Almost as cute as them:)

Char said...

I thought about Aidans costume awhile ago and thats as far as I got. I better get on that.

R. H. Roberts said...

Too cute! You guys are adorable. I miss you :)