Sunday, October 14, 2012

Foot or Feet?

Probably about a week ago, I heard Helen teach Hyrum that foot means 1 foot and feet means 2.  Every once in a while since then, I have heard him ask her about it here and there.  
After our dinner prayer tonight, I ran to get a piece of paper to write his prayer down so I wouldn't forget.  Man he is so cute! 
As I have said in the past, I am not picky about prayers.  Hyrum's prayers are never the typical prayer.  He never blesses the food when it is his turn to say the prayer at the dinner table and I don't mind it one bit.  To me, it is just as important to bless the food we eat as it is to pray for other people, ask for things we need, or just plain talk to our Father in heaven.  In fact, I think the later is more important and that is why I absolutely love Hyrum's prayers.
So tonight he says, "Heavenly Father, Please bless my foot or feet.  I don't know which one is two.  I'm going to say foot.  Name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Just as a side note, he has cracks on the bottom of his feet that are pretty deep....a wonderful family trait he inherited from Uncle Bubba and Poppy :{

No comments: