Saturday, February 11, 2012

Reuniting

One of the great things about moving back to Utah is the friends we get to reunite with!
I have to admit that my older boys get very jealous of pictures like this.  During the time when Levi and Brigham are at school, Hyrum and I have went to go and see Tricia and her kids that are still at home.  It is often asked in our house, "Can we go to the Wilson's today?"  I feel bad because I can see her fairly easy because of that free time when they are at school.  Needless to say, we are planning a trip to play with the Wilson's on our next whole school day off so they will leave me alone!
This was our first time meeting Bridger (Rob and Erin's son).  I would have never recognized him if I would have just met him on the street.  The last picture I had of him was as an infant with dark eyes and very dark hair!  He is so cute and I can't get over how well this boy eats.  He is the healthiest little boy I have ever met.  I watched him as his mother opened up an avocado and started spooning it in his 2 year old mouth.....wow....still impressed!
Here is Hannah having Sunday dinner with us.  I love this about her.  She doesn't have to come over with Ronald.  She is comfortable to come over with or without him.  Even if the poor girl had to be exposed to some nasty gravy!  I didn't have any brown gravy or cornstarch to make gravy with the juices from the roast.....so I resorted to my soy flour....um, I wouldn't recommend it.......
Here is Eileen letting Hyrum help with this homemade and very healthy meal.  I hadn't seen Eileen in probably 4 years.  About 2 weeks after we moved to Utah, she and her family moved here too (from Las Vegas)!  She is a very healthy eater and so she makes nothing with sugar and MSG.  She came over and served us pizza, salad, fruit, and even ice cream.....all without sugar and stuff.  I was most impressed with the ice cream.  I am not a huge ice cream fan but I still can't believe hers was so good without sugar.  She even had chocolate syrup to put on it (made with honey).  It was awfully thoughtful of her to do this with Hyrum and I.  
The last time we lived in Utah we lived in an apartment complex where we got to know the Boothe family.  Tammy and I had play dates often until she moved.  Other women with their children came but I was so much more comfortable with her because she made me laugh so much.  She is so witty and has the best kids.  Here we are at Calvin's (her son) baptism last week.  
And last but CERTAINLY not least!  I knew Kristi from college but was much closer to her now husband.  He married her and I have always liked her.  But it wasn't until we moved to Utah in 2006 and had many play dates together that I fell in love with her.  She is one of the kindest people I know which makes it so easy to open up to her.  She has 4 boys and I love that we can talk all boy stuff and still have our girly times together ( with NO BOYS!) and enjoy things WE love!  

So, many get togethers have happened and I still have more planned for the future.....sure love being back in Utah!

2 comments:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

ahhh I'm jealous.

erin said...

Eli asked to call Levi the other day. We need to have you over sometime. Maybe Monday (the 20th) for the morning?