Monday, February 27, 2012

Discovery Gateway

I found these coupons for buy one get one free admission to the Discovery Gateway in Salt Lake.  It is a children'e museum and every since going to the one in Denver with April and her family (when they came to visit us while we lived in Colorado) I have wanted to go to another one.  I don't know if it was because my kids were younger then or if the one in Denver was just better but I wasn't as impressed with this one.  Don't get me wrong, the boys enjoyed it but I guess I just thought there would be more stuff geared towards the older kids also.
This one was fun because it made me think of Daddy :)
After David saw these pictures of the older boys on the climbing wall, it got him excited to take them to a real one.
Hyrum could have stayed at each station forever.  He really liked this museum and the super market area was no different.  The older boys didn't want to have anything to do with it but it was cute to see Hyrum use his imagination.  
All in all they did ok but I was ready to go home when all was said and done.  Brigham was SUPER hyper and when we went to get something to eat afterwards, Hyrum threw a fit while flinging himself on the ground, making it clear he didn't want to eat there.  I was strong though and I didn't give in.  The older boys and I ate lunch, while Hyrum cried.  It really can be so hard not to give in (especially in public) but I do notice that when I stay strong, I don't see as many tantrums.  
I sure do love my boys but as I was recounting my experiences today with David, I realize that not every outing can be a great one and that is ok.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I just had a presentation by one of the ladies from Discovery Gateway. She gave me a free ticket for two. We should go sometime.

LOVE, Sydney