Sunday, February 26, 2012

Random Events

We bought this magic eraser board thingy, to keep us in better check with upcoming events, while we lived in Oklahoma.  Whether it was church, sports, school events, play dates, scouts, birthdays, whatever....our calender was booked during the school year.  I'm sure things will change but we have been in Utah for almost 2 months now and our calender is amazingly empty and I LOVE IT!  It makes for more time to play!  Don't get me wrong, I still get a little edgy when I  have been away from home for too long and end up doing nothing (socially) for a day or two.  But I have to say that I really love the randomness of what I have been able to do lately because of our new found free time.
I was going through my pictures and realized that I hadn't journaled some of the things we have done.  Here we are in front of Stephen and Holly's house with their children.  It was Holly's birthday so we "heart attack"ed her door in January while she and Stephen were at the temple.
Levi's grade had a career day and he just happened to pick a builder (later he told me that when they turned all the possible careers over -they were on little pieces of paper- he made sure that he remembered where that builder was!).  I still think he deserved to win the prize for best dress up but at least he had fun putting Daddy's REAL construction gear on!
These are the faces of some very happy boys when I informed them that we were not going to school and going to the aquarium instead!
Here is Mrs. Steiner and Brigham during his Valentines Day party.  She is such a pretty lady and I never can seem to get past those beautiful eyes of hers.  I learned not very long ago that she was born almost legally blind.....who knew?!
Tonight we went to Ogden to visit some of our friends, the Brennan Family.  They have 3 girls and I have never seen a group of girls like them that like to do what my boys like to do!  Now, they are not nearly as rowdy as my boys but they can get in with them and hold on tight.  I LOVE IT!
Once again, I love being here.  I feel at peace more and more and I am so grateful for that.

No comments: