Friday, February 17, 2012

Party Time

Yesterday was Sofie Wilson's birthday.  She had her party at a rec center in Cottonwood Heights.  This was a special treat for the boys because: 1. The older boys were FINALLY going to see the Wilson's and 2. It was going to be at an indoor pool!  
As we were walking from the van to the rec center I saw this man in the distance (the boys were WAY ahead of me.....they were quite excited).  Then I heard him say, "Hi boys!"  I immediately recognized Shannon's voice (Sofie's Dad).  It is neat to me how certain things can remind you of home.  Since we meet the Wilson's in Oklahoma, I relate them to home.  I immediately had this safe feeling inside of me.  I am so grateful for the gospel and how it has placed my family in circumstances to know people that I respect so much.
The boys spent most of the time in the kiddie area.
I think this area is for pool toys.  The water drops the toys from one place to another with the moving water.  Hyrum, however, used it for other reasons......it wasn't long before the lifeguard was over there to tell us to get Hyrum out of there.....whoopsie!
But as much as I want the boys in the kiddie area, the older boys want to be big.  
I LOVE my Morgan and Sydney and their natural Mommy instincts.  I wasn't comfortable with the boys going off the diving boards because they wouldn't have life jackets.  So the girls took over and had them swim over and over again first to make sure they could swim well enough.  

The final results!
Here is the picture I took of me with Sydney and Morgan that I sent (cell phone) to all our Okie friends letting them know how us Okies were making a good impression on the Utards around here!  

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

Looks like sooo much Fun ") Miss you ALL...

Apeeee said...

What an amazing pool party! LOVE seeing everyone!