Friday, February 18, 2011

Snowfest 2011 is over

So sad, but we only have a few dirty snow piles left. Yesterday it was 79 degrees in Tulsa and just a week ago it was -20 degrees! Absolutely insane! So in the midst of all of this our water froze...that was fun. Not fun at all! Because it happened during my busy Valentine's weekend at the flower shop and I would have loved to have been able to unwind in a nice hot shower. To make it worse, it was a certain time of the month.....
So, you would think that I would just hate snow right now, huh? Nope, still in love with it! So I thought I would share a few fun pictures.
This one was taken from the last big snowstorm. David and the missionaries went out to dig people out of their houses. This is the front of David's truck driving through Grandma and Grandpa's driveway....INSANE! Jay got it worse than Grove did. Unfortunately, a few very sad things happened because of these past snow/ice storms. The worst being a couple of children that drowned in a pond. I really have such a wonderful job but sometimes delivering to funerals like these can be a little tough on your heart. It is not the children that make me sad. I just can't get the pictures out of my head of the loved ones left behind.
Here and there along the Grand Lake you will see sights like this. The snow is pretty much melted on the ground but some of the ice is still on the lake. It is so beautiful.....well, except for the collapsed boat docks! I don't even want to know how many chicken houses went down!
As I was delivering in Jay, over the holiday, I found these last two pictures. Love em!

This one is outside of V&V Drug Store.

This one is outside of the Jay Floral. Talk about some competition!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Alisa, you are so cute! I think you are the only person I know that is more sad about 79 degree weather than snow.

Char said...

I'm confused. Are chicken house kept on boat docks? I loved that picture by the way. So beautiful. It finally snowed again here but not too much. You got all the snow this year! I sure love you. I haven't forgotten you.... I have something I'm working on for you.

Adams said...

No, chicken houses are not on boat docks. Sorry, I was just referring to all the structures that go down when we have a heavy snowfall. I just remember growing up, some of them collapsing because of this.
You must have gotten my pictures. I had so much fun!