Thursday, February 24, 2011

Do you want to be a monkey or a tall daddy when you grow up?

Just a few fun pictures from yesterday. Yesterday was such a nice day outside so I told the boys when I picked them up from school that we were going to spend some time outside. They whined, I'm sure, because they wanted to play the Wii. Brigham informed me that if he had to stay outside then he wasn't going to play. He was stubborn about it for a while but before I knew it, I found this!





But before I found this, what I actually saw was Brigham on that wooden bench with Hyrum clinging to his back! My heart raced a little bit as I started to run to them. I heard, "Me turn" from Hyrum as Brigham was giving him instructions. I stayed calm though as I explained to Brigham that he was such a good brother to include Hyrum like that but that Hyrum wasn't strong enough and that he would end up letting go and would fall to the ground. I just pictured Hyrum going straight down and a few teeth missing! Hyrum actually took it really well and didn't pout.

This cut out paper person is from Head Start. I picked it up out of his cubby whole yesterday and saw that it said "A Tall Daddy" on the back. So Iasked his teacher about it. Mrs. Dayla said that they asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up and he said "A Tall Daddy." Isn't that so cute!?! I got curious so I looked at a few of the other children's creations and they said things like "Policeman" and "Doctor." As you can imagine, I was soooooooo proud of Hyrum!





2 comments:

Amanda said...

I bet that made David's heart melt!! How sweet! And I can't WAIT for warmer weather so we can swing in the trees too!

Mary said...

i love thse pictures. True boys.