Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cute Kids

Ok, I am suppose to be working on a paper and I am but I had to stop for a second to blog this before I forget.
We are not a huge football family. Thank goodness, my husband isn't into the whole watching sports thing. He loves to play backyard football or play basketball with friends any day but I am so grateful that he doesn't really follow or watch college football or whatever else can take up so much time. He does however take time to watch the Super Bowl every year. I don't know if it is because of his brothers or the funny commercials that come on but there is always one Sunday out of the year that our TV is on watching football.
So I am back in the bedroom writing my paper and I start to hear America the Beautiful. I thought I would come out for this and to my surprise there was this girl on TV singing that I had no clue as to who she was. I figured they would have someone famous. Levi bursts my bubble when he says, "I know what this is (meaning the song). It's Glee!" I had to make myself not laugh! David then says, "That is America's marketing at its best!" Ok, is it more sad that my child doesn't know the name of America the Beautiful or that we are all so influenced by the TV that you could actually think a song is named after a very popular TV show? But then I quickly felt better as I asked him where he got this idea and he said it was at the bottom of the screen earlier. I then put it together and felt a little better as a parent as I remembered that we have never watched Glee and their is no way he would know what that was or who that lady was who sang America the Beautiful.....oh, wait.....that just proves how very behind the times I am as to who is cool.....obviously not me!
Then Hyrum said the cutest thing. The cameras were showing different football players and you know how they have the black face paint under their eyes? Hyrum says, "Bwoos!" It took me a little bit but I finally figured out he was saying "Bruise." What a cutie!
Ok, back to my paper....

No comments: