Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A visit from the Brennan Family!

I went to a church college in Idaho and one thing I loved about living in Utah was that because of the abundance of members of the church there and church history sites, you are bound to have friends from college come through. I got to see and be around lots of my college friends. I knew that I was going to miss that when moving to Oklahoma. Never would I have guessed that it would be middle ground as many of my friends moved around these last few years. We have been blessed to have many friends and family members come and visit on their journeys across the United States. We were blessed with one of these reunions last night.
I met Ben, or as I call him - Bin, in college and he quickly became my best guy friend. I have always looked up to him, even if we tease each other all the time. We kept in touch over the years as we both moved to Utah at one point and then we both got married and ended up in Rexburg, Idaho- David and I as students while he and Laurel were teachers at BYU-Idaho (he was always the smart one!). This is when I really got to know Laurel and quickly fell in love with her. We moved away and eventually ended up in Utah and they did also over the years. Once again, David and I moved and I was sad to leave my dear friends again. I guess it goes to show that some friendships last through moves. I truly am grateful for this family....and I'm glad that their kids have grown up a bit because my boys LOVED those girls last night!
We had Family Home Evening with them last night and just as it always is with kids, we didn't have a lot of alone talk time with Ben and Laurel but we still got in a few good laughs.
Who needs serious group pictures?!
I already miss you guys!

1 comment:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

Looks like so much fun. Hey, I ran into Heather the other day at Target. She seems to be doing good. Love ya ALISA!