Friday, December 31, 2010

Surprise!

The 29th is both David's birthday and our anniversary. I'm always afraid of David getting shafted, especially with Christmas so close by, so I try to do something unique for him. I didn't know just what I could do this year though, with being so busy.
A few Sunday's ago, Elder Grigg approached me and told me he wanted to have a surprise party for David. This is one of the things that I love about Elder Grigg so much; his love for our family and especially David. But I didn't want the typical surprise party so I wanted to think about it. Finally, I thought it would be fitting that David get a guys night out. For years, I was the one staying home with the kids and desperately needing my "outs" but now that David is kinda in my shoes I wanted to make sure he had time away from the kids. So, one the 28th, when he wasn't expecting it, Elder Grigg and I got Dad, Ronald, Podge and his uncle, Brother Houck, Brother and Sister Dooley (they are inseparable!) and the missionaries to meet at the local bowling alley. David said that he was completely surprised! He said that he recognized John's (Houck) truck in the parking lot and when he walked in and saw him with some of the the other guys figured there was some kind of Young Men's activity going on. Much to his surprise, it was all about him!
STRIKE!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy Birthday David. And anniversary the both of you!