Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sweet Potatoes

Tonight was a relief.
A few months ago I was asked to sing in a play that some of us put on for the church tonight. It was over the parable of the ten virgins. There are so many little sentences here and there in the play along with certain songs that touch my heart over and over again. I feel that as I have been practicing and at our rehearsals that I have been a mess. The tears always seem so close to the surface and as you can imagine, that makes it hard for solos. But alas, tonight was the night......and I did it! I sang and said my parts without crying! That's not to say that I didn't cry through certain other parts. But that is ok....even if it was in front of other people. I'm just grateful it was in front of my church family. And speaking of church family.......I'm so grateful that I have a playful one! Sister Roberts was given a massive amount of sweet potatoes from a lady in the branch. Of course she is going to use most of them but why not have a little fun with just some of them. Here is Katie, our sly gal pal that was able to trick Tricia into thinking that she wanted to help her out by taking stuff to her car (when really she just wanted the keys!). That Katie is a smart one!
One of these days Tricia is really going to pay me back and I'm gonna be in trouble...........BUT IT WASN'T ME, TRICIA! I JUST TOOK THE PICTURES!!!!! Ok, maybe I put the sweet potatoe down your antenna........

1 comment:

Tricia said...

oh you guys make me laugh!!! Do any of you like sweet potato pie???? hmmmmmm??? On a serious note I really appreciate all the TIME you put into this musical. It was so good and I know you blessed many with your talent. Good job for using it missy!!! Thanks for being my friend. I love you.