Saturday, December 11, 2010

Shaylee's basketball game

Today was Shaylee's first basketball game. Her Daddy, Elton, played in high school and was good at it...still is, so naturally, he is the coach of her team with the help of his brother, Pat.
It was cute April pointing out that Shaylee has the same number as Daddy did in high school and then of course them playing in the same gym as daddy did.
Of course, I think she played wonderfully! Even if they didn't win! Most of the family was there which always makes it fun but the real fun was with the crazy boys! (See video following this post!) During Shaylee's first game, the boys did so well! They just sat on the bench with me (well, Hyrum was laying all over me but still, he was being quiet). Then the game got over and I gave them money to either get a drink or candy. Of course, that changed everything....but not at first. They stayed still as they ate and drank as we waited for Shaylee's next game. But then, Brigham got thirsty (he picked candy) and of course Poppy couldn't handle them wanting more so he sent them off with $5.00 to the concession stand. Shaylee went with them and Hyrum stayed with me. When they came back, Shaylee handed Poppy (my dad) one dollar and said, "I don't know why but they only gave me a dollar back." I was confused by that also but just then Brigham says to me, "We had 5 dollars so I could get 5 things!" Of course he didn't get 5 things but forget about the other 2 kids with him and how they wouldn't get 2 things like he did! So at this point, he had already had a bag of candy and now had gotten a pop and some more candy. All the grownups laughed at Brigham and thought it was cute. A few minutes go by and I look over and realize that Brigham's pop is a Mt. Dew!!! I don't like for my kids to have caffeine as it is let alone Mt. Dew! To top it all off, I compare Brigham to Hammy on Over the Hedge as it is because of his natural hyperness. Can you just imagine that boy with Mt. Dew?!

No comments: