Monday, December 6, 2010

Prankin...I mean, celebrating a birthday with the little ones!

Today was a day off for me and I really enjoyed it. I got a lot done but was still able to spend a lot of time with my family. Usually it is just one or the other, not both, so today really was a perfect day in my book. I got all my errands done before Spencer came over for us to watch him. It seriously was so hard for me to put him down to get dinner cooked. I seriously was really close to ordering in food just so I could stay snuggled up to him before I had to leave for a Head Start meeting.
Here is Hyrum loving on Spencer. Later, Brigham asked to hold him. It was so sweet to me because Levi just naturally is fascinated and loves babies. Brigham doesn't really care that much but eventually he was the one who actually asked to hold Spencer. It really surprised me and it was really sweet to be able to tell Brigham, while he was holding Spencer, that he would be a good Daddy someday. I told him about the blessing that Daddy gave to me while I was pregnant with him. It is how I found out I was having a boy (which I wanted it to be a surprise!). In the blessing he told me of this child I was caring and how he was going to be this great father. I wish I could have caught on camera the huge proud smile on Brigham's face after hearing that.

For Family Home Evening tonight we decorated our Branch President's car....yes, we did this with our boys. WHAT EXAMPLES WE ARE! Starting our kids off prankin' young!
We have an amazing Branch President. Our little family loves him very much so it was so fun to do this for him. I hope it made him feel loved and appreciated. Just an example of his kindness. He is a podiatrist and I have been having problems with one of my heels. Being the giving man that he is he has been treating me at a very reduced rate. This morning I went to him for one of my shots and as I was leaving, ran into Tricia, Sydney, and Sofie. He was seeing Sydney for her warts. I went in with them for their appointment so I could spend some time with Tricia and do you think President Roberts said anything about his birthday? Of course not. But we found out anyway!
"HAPPY B-DAY BRANCH DADDY!"
Ok, to expound on our bad parenting skills, as we were pulling up to this parking lot in Fairland, Levi starting telling us that he didn't want to get out. Knowing how cautious of a child that he is (and responsible!) I figured he was hesitant of getting caught. Sure enough he was. I tried to quickly explain to him that it would be ok if we got caught because we were not doing anything bad to Matt's car. He eventually got out and helped. But as we were leaving he asked me, "What if there were video cameras?" I love my innocent boy! I had to then explain to him the difference between vandalizing some one's property and what we had done (we had gotten permission from Renee, Matt's wife, before doing this). I think we finally got him to understand.
But before we left the parking lot, David found Tricia's van. How could we not?!!!!!
Too bad it ended up being Shannon, her husband, driving that night! Serves us right! And definitely makes it even more funny!

9 comments:

Shan Reid said...

Oh the memories! Did you put peanut butter on the door handles? LOL... Levi sounds like my Logan. A couple of years ago I opened a bag of cookies in the store while I was shopping to give one to Ty and Logan was afraid we could get in trouble because we hadn't paid for it yet.

Unknown said...

You made me think of Russ and Garret burning pepper in our apartment and how could I forget limburger cheese!
And isn't it sweet to have those innocent kids? What is it with those first born?!

Unknown said...

Sorry, that was me (Alisa) Shannon!

Shan Reid said...

Ah the limburger cheese... And how about Dillon and Tim AKA Russ and Garrett? and the stealing back and forth of the 90210 CD? Good good times!

Char said...

And the family tradition continues. For thanksgiving we had to come up with stories and then we all had to match the stories to who we thought experienced them. Mine was dog poop in a bag. Good times.

Adams said...

Oh, Charlene....that makes me think of Gene and us trying to hold the dog poop bag out the window as we drove to our destination and it being FREEZING outside! And of course it reminds me of cowboy craig!

Tricia said...

The fun is just beginning... You just wait! Ya know what they say about pay backs...

Mary said...

This is hilarious. I love it.

The Hills said...

That was fun to read. I really miss you! Somebody around here needs to do that for our bishop. He's a surgeon and his license plate is personalized so his car would be easy to find and the other doctors would get a hoot out of it.