Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hallelujah Party

At the Grove Civic Center, there was a Hallelujah Party. Being in the Bible Belt you get a lot of parties like this: turning every holiday into something church centered. I love it! It is a little humorous to me though, considering it is Halloween!
So I got some of us from the branch together to meet at this party. The Civic Center is an old Wal-Mart so it is huge inside. Area businesses donate candy and prizes to this event to keep kids safe from being outside in the dark and most importantly, as before mentioned, to have another reason to bring God into something. When we walked in, there were many booths and people everywhere which made it hard to locate all my crazy Mormon friends. Thank goodness for cell phones! I took this picture right away because Amanda, Steve, and Logan (with the Bishop family) were only there for a few minutes since Logan was getting upset. I think it was too loud in there for him. This picture of Amanda makes me hurt! Doesn't she look uncomfortable?! Amanda has done so well this pregnancy and hasn't gained weight. She has looked so good. But these past few weeks her blood pressure has been up and you can really start to see it in her face and ankles.

I liked this picture because it was one of the few games that Hyrum was actually able to hit the target on.....only he hit the target on the way back, after passing it!

These two are my favorites! Hyrum (a.k.a Brobey from Yo Gabba Gabba) tried so hard on all the games but didn't even come close to any of them because of how little and short he is!
The Wilson and Bass families meet us there also. I wish I could have gotten this part of the night on video. If you could have only seen Preston (Bakugan) when he saw Max (Waldo) for the first time tonight in his costume. If he hadn't been in Tricia's arms when they turned around to see Max, I swear that boy would have been on the ground rolling around while full belly laughing. I got the biggest kick out of it!
My 2 peas in a pod!
After the Hallelujah Party we took the boys to see Anna Gibson and then David followed us around in the van while I walked with the boys from house to house in a nice neighborhood. I have to admit that I think I enjoyed this part more than the Hallelujah Party. It was so crowded in there and the lines where long and David and I were always concerned about loosing a child. There was something so original yet fun in going house to house. It seems that as the years go by, you see more and more parties and trunk or treats and you don't see as much house to house trick or treating anymore. David felt the same way. I mentioned to him that I hope we remember this for next year. I would be just fine with only going house to house next year.

2 comments:

The Bass Family Pond said...

It's all fun and games until someone puts up a stupid picture of you.....lol just playin' I had so much fun, but really, WHERE'S the pictures of YOU? ")

Tricia said...

I agree. Can we go with you walking the neighborhood? It was too crowded! It was fun to see you and your cute family:) Thanks for inviting us...