Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fun with all my "sisters"

I am blessed to be a part of a small branch within the church. Of course, I would trade it any day for numerous people joining the church in our community but I would really miss the closeness of our little branch. I love that I can laugh and still be spiritually fed by my "sisters" in the branch. And what I think is even more unique is that age doesn't separate us. I love all of them and I really feel that they love me.
Last night was the Relief Society Service Auction. The women donated their time or goods and we all bid on them. We got "money" depending on certain things that were asked like having Family Home Evening, reading scriptures, serving others, etc... But like with most of our R.S. activities, there was a lot of laughter!
This was my favorite picture of the night. Tricia seemed to get outbid over and over and I just so happened to get one of the incidences on camera!
Here is one of the culprits!
Jolayne and I ended up taking pain medication before we left because our heads were hurting from laughing so much. I wonder how many other women had to do the same...
Jolayne with her service bucks and wearing one of her prizes.
Sister Powers rubbing it in to Rose that she is getting a room painted in her house and Rose is not!
Then, tonight was Amanda's baby shower at Sister Culling's house. I haven't known Sister Culling as long as my family has but I can't help but feel she and her husband have given special love for our family (Adams, O'Dair, Beck, etc...).
Amanda received so many gifts tonight that she had to have felt extremely blessed.
And just because we were at a baby shower didn't mean that there was a calm about. The games were loud and the food was great!
I seriously really love the women in our branch. I feel that they would drop just about anything for me, if I needed it. I know that not everyone is blessed to have that with so many people in their lives and here I am, surrounded by it.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I love the way your ward sounds. And I love the bike.

Tricia said...

I am still laughing because of how much fun the last couple nights have been. I do love you very much and I'm so thankful for your friendship. We are truly blessed to belong to a Relief Society and all that it provides us as mothers, sisters and woman in these last days! We are not alone...

The Bass Family Pond said...

Alisa, Too cute! It was so much fun, to share laughter and friendship with my sisters. I sure love you and hope you know that I think of you as one of my dearest friends and sisters. I look forward to Heaven! ")

Jake and Liz said...

I really shouldn't read your blog too often because it makes me homesick for Grove branch. I love seeing so many familiar faces. Please tell everyone (including yourself) that I love and miss them. XOXOXO