Thursday, October 7, 2010

Is Oklahoma the landing spot for the Antichrist?

Yesterday was my last trip to Miami to see Dr./President Roberts for the shots I have been getting in my left foot. I am happy to report that as I was driving there that I was wiggling my feet around trying to remember just which foot it was that was hurting me! Thanks to my wonderful husband, who almost nightly has been working on my feet, and remembering which foot I kept on his lap for the last few months I was able to get it right because the pain wasn't indicating anything!!!
As I travel to Miami, OK I have to go through a very small town called Fairland. It is probably one of the smallest towns you have ever seen but boy does it have some interesting people.....after all, it is where Marie comes from (love you Marie Bee!)...... Ok, so as I drive to Miami I always pass this house. I have wanted to stop, for a while, to ask the man what he is trying to tell us all. Anyone who would do this to his own house has a good chance of having some mental issues (which he later briefly talked to me about) and I was right! I made sure it was in broad daylight though!
I parked across the street and starting taking pictures while trying to figure out the messages all over his house, travel trailer, vehicles, and random props in his yard. All these times I have driven by I have assumed that it was all political but as I was reading, most of it was about God but it was so sporadic that I really couldn't figure out what the message was. After a few minutes a Mr. R. Waggoner came out of his travel trailer and asked if he could help me. I told him I was taking pictures and was curious about what he was trying to tell everyone. To my surprise he started right off with the Antichrist and how there was a landing strip nearby and that he has seen the blue and red lights in the sky with his telescope. Never mind that there is a landing strip for airplanes not to far away.....I kept that to myself however. He went on to tell me how computers and technology was to blame and that through this the Antichrist was coming as a robot type person. Maybe a normal person would have ran away right around this point but he didn't scare me at all, I think, because he seemed so knowledgeable. He went from one subject to the next but from his verbiage and experiences that he brought up I could tell he was an educated man. Of course with the Internet and everything that we can find, what that knowledge is can be misleading but still, I knew this man had researched what he believed.
Our subjects went from the Antichrist to buying ridiculously priced seeds to Obama/Bush/Clinton, divorce, voting, him working for God....you name it; there was a good chance that we covered it. As I was listening to him I realized that if he had it his way he would never stop talking about all that he believed but I actually wasn't getting irritated with wanting to leave. He just wanted to be heard and I had the time. Eventually, though, his neighbor came out and had a question. He very politely told me he was sorry for talking my ear off, shook my hand, and I left.
I had to take a picture of this chair because every time I drive by he is sitting in this chair with a paper or something with no shirt on. Today he greeted me in a bathrobe, dirty nails, rotting teeth, and no shoes. As I was driving home I thought about him and how much I like getting older. People like this man used to really scare me and the old me would have worried about how clean his hands were after shaking them. Then I went through a period where I just would have worried about him for the rest of the night. Now I just find it all fascinating trying to figure out why he is the way he is through the little bit that I know about him now. I really like thinking this way now because I feel like I'm a little more understanding of people situations now than I was before.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wacky!

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

I know not everybody can be as cool as I am but Wow, I have never seen that house before. Shows how long its been since I've been back to Fairland. And people wonder why I don't want to live there. hmmmm

Marlana Dempsey said...

Girl you are brave stopping and talking to that guy with the way people are in this day and age. But as long as you carry God with you everything turns out okay. I have never even noticed that house when passing thru Fairland. Maybe God had you stop for a reason that day, you may have blessed his life in a way you will never know.

Char said...

I have thought about myself lately and how much Ive changed. I love being older and not caring so much what other people think. I'm more relaxed and able to enjoy life. Its great isnt it? I'm sad you didnt take a pic of the guy though. Maybe next time you can get a pic of him in his chair without his shirt on. Love ya!