Sunday, October 17, 2010

Separate Night/Day Outs!

David is so good to me when it comes to letting me have my "outs." He knows that I do so much better at home when I have my own time away from our little family. I come back missing them and really feeling grateful for what I have. On Friday night, Jolayne Bass invited April and I over to her place for some girl time. It really meant a lot because her and April are very close. I know Jolayne loves me but her love for April is very strong and they just have so much fun together that it meant a lot that she would include me. Here is April getting her asthma "puffs" in before the laughter begins. I think we held it all together pretty well while we were elegantly fed by Jolayne. She is absolutely amazing....that's all I have to say!
Once those lights were back on, though, it was time to play and give ourselves headaches.

Jolayne (a.k.a Lloyd) and April (a.k.a. Harry) took rides on Jolayne's bike while playing out Dumb and Dumber. The rest of the night was eating of junk food and playing games. I feel really blessed that I have such good friends who can have clean and good fun!
On rare occasions David actually gets to go out and do things. Maybe it is because I am surrounded by boys that I need girl time so much but David doesn't seem to need his guy time as much. He is usually satisfied with going below the house (garage) and building something. But I still feel bad sometimes knowing that I am surrounded by so much family and friends while David has to put up with it all! He doesn't complain about it but I can't help but wonder....
So I was thrilled when I found out that Susan Ellis was coming to visit this Saturday. David served his mission here and one of the areas he was in was Lebenon, MO. When David and I first were married and on one of our trips back here to visit my family, we went to visit her and her family in Lebenon. This was my first time meeting her and I could tell how much they loved each other. David taught and baptized her.
Seeing this picture kind of melts my heart. Sometimes I do feel badly that he doesn't have any blood family that he grew up with around here but as I was thinking about David and Susan I started to think that she is kinda like his family. There is that special bond that they have that isn't shared with anyone else. He baptized others on his mission but it is obvious how much both of them really do love each other.
So Susan came to visit on Saturday and brought her husband, John. Along the way they picked up some of the other missionaries that had served in Lebenon. I didn't get to go with them as they all went out to eat and then bowling but it was obvious that when David got back that Susan and the gang was exactly what David needed.

2 comments:

Jolayne said...

I am so glad you girls came over! That was the most fun I have had in a very long time! Maybe next time, it won't be so formal and we can really get in our ab workouts! Thanks for blogging this! It was soooo much fun! LOVE!!!

Susan Ellis said...

Oh it was a wonderful day...seeing "my Elder" and the others we love so much. Getting to meet Alisa and the boys, who are so sweet. Just what I hoped for David that he be blessed for all his service with a beautiful wife and children, and he was.