Saturday, June 26, 2010

Activities

This week seems to have been full of activities. The library has a slew of summer programs this year but we haven't been able to go to most of them due to work and camps. This week was my first week completely free to just play with the kids. Though there were times that I was lazier than I should have been, I think that for the most part we had fun. We did some "homework" workbook stuff that the boy's teachers sent them home with for the summer that they actually really enjoy doing. We swam at a friends pool and had dinner with friends. We attended 2 baptisms. Ate outside - ate in front of the T.V. Water balloons and the list goes on.
Here is Hyrum "pouting" at one of the summer library programs. On Wednesday was "Mad Science." There was a lady there that did a few cool science experiments but as you can imagine, it was kinda boring to a 2 year old as she was explaining the "science" part of the experiments. He kept getting up and walking over to me just to turn right back around and sit with his brothers who were in the first row. This is him pouting after I had just told him that he had to stay sitting down. Elder Sattler and Elder Brooks have faithfully been coming over nightly to set this trap up to catch the annoying critters that get into our trash cans, knock them over and spread out our trash around our yard. They have caught 3 opossums, a cat, and finally a raccoon! We are pretty sure that most of the damage is happening from a raccoon. It was kind of sad though knowing that they needed to be killed (except the cat though.....any one who knows me knows I would NEVER let that happen!) because one of the opossums was a little older than a baby and raccoons are kinda cute. I'm already over it though......I think I've been around boys to long....
I shaved Levi's head tonight but first he wanted to have a little fun with it. He wanted me to shave it like Aang from the show Avatar: the last airbender. I just laughed at myself as I messed it up over and over so then we decided to get some makeup out just for fun...it still looked pretty lame but we got a kick out of it!

No comments: