Friday, May 28, 2021

We Have a High School Graduate!

How do you put into words feelings ranging from being proud to feeling a little scared of what the future holds?  13 years of school is such a great accomplishment.  No wonder we put such an emphasis on High School Graduations!  So, yes, I am so proud of our Levi.  But I also worry.  Did I teach him enough?  Did all the schools that he attended give him enough tools and knowledge to move onto the next stage of life?  Did I teach him the basic skills that he will need to be a successful adult?  I can only hope that the partnership and parents and school did a good job in raising a responsible adult.

Levi graduated from Mountain View High School on Tuesday.  We first celebrated with a few gifts like these Swedish Fish shirt and socks (Swedish Fish are his favorite candy).  Tucked inside is a little inside joke with our family, Levi, and Kanye West.  The card says, "Kan Ye Belieive It?  You graduated!" Wish a picture of Kanye West in graduation attire.  We also got him a money lei and I made him a Swedish Fish candy lei.




The actual graduation took place at the Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy.  It was a bit of a drive but worth it because this way we had unlimited people who could attend.  Otherwise, we may have only gotten 2 tickets.  Though only our little family could attend, it was nice knowing that all the graduates could have many people celebrating them.

It was a large graduating class, so the ceremony took a long time but we were blessed with good weather and patience.  There were several times that I started to cry and would shed a few tears as the finalization would process in me in what seemed like a little at a time.  Afterwards, we celebrated by going to a Chuck-A-Rama (Buffet) which was quite the treat.  The boys love buffets but with the pandemic, all buffets have been shut down for a while.  So it had been over a year since we had been to one.  Kinda a perfect way to end our celebration.

Levi was ready to get out of there.  Both graduation and school.  I can remember feeling that way towards the end of school.  I was so excited to move on to college.  Levi has a mission to look forward to.  He will learn so much on that mission.  I'm sure there will be things there that he learns that I forgot or didn't realize I hadn't taught him.  But honestly, I couldn't think of a better place for him to learn those things

Levi is such a good boy.  He loves learning about the gospel.  In fact, he and I stayed up till after midnight last night speaking of spiritual things.  He amazes me.  He works so hard at his job at Little Caesars when most of his co-workers don't take it seriously.  He loves to rough play with Ruger.  He likes his longboard.  And I'm pretty sure he likes doing anything outdoorsy with his Father.  How could I not be so proud of this boy of mine?

No comments: