Saturday, May 29, 2021

Levi's Graduation Party

We had a graduation party, at our community clubhouse, for Levi last night.  We ate pizza and slider sandwiches...and of course had Levi's favorite snack, Swedish Fish.








We played a guessing graduate game inside and then went outside to play some outdoor games like Giant Jenga and Spike Ball.  
I think I counted about 36 people who came, mainly people from our ward.  But we did have 3 of my college friends and their families come.  We don't have very many family members near by but Helen came.  And right at the end, David's cousin Zel and his family came.  It was so nice to see David "awaken" with Zel.  Don't get me wrong, David is one of the most personable people I know and he showed that in how he mingled with most of everyone at the party.  But it was like a little bit of boyhood personality came out in him with his cousin Zel.  I really loved seeing that.
 
The day before the party, Christine came over to give Levi a gift and chat a bit.  I always love being with Christine but this get together meant a little more to me than the others.  When Levi was a baby, we were living in Rexburg Idaho and had no family near by.  Christine was over so much and had so  much contact with Levi that I would tell her sometimes that she was more like a second Mom to Levi than a friend.  I completely trusted her with him and will forever love her for loving my Levi so much.

No comments: